- In this recession, 500,000 people in the UK are expected to fall at least 3 months behind their mortgage payments this year – double the number in 2008. (Council of Mortgage Lenders)
- Britain’s repossessions topped 40,000 in 2008, up 54% on the previous year. This year they’re expected to rise to 75,000. (Council of Mortgage Lenders)
- Last year, Consumer Credit Counselling Service advised a quarter of their clients to give up their homes in London.
- Last year, over 100,000 people were unable to repay their credit card debt and contacted The UK Insolvency Helpline.
- 18% of British adults are more than £10,000 in debt. (Churches against poverty)
- 11% of London residents are forced to borrow money to meet their housing costs. (Shelter)
Love London Launches Christmas Homeless Campaign Posted on 17/11/10
Throughout December Premier will be inviting churches to help tackle the problem of homelessness in their area. Working with Green Pastures we hope to see many people taken off the streets and provided with long-term accomodation…Continue reading
Leaders from across Camden meet to discuss Love London Posted on 17/11/10
On 11th November 20 leaders from across the Borough of Camden joined to together to discuss bringing Love London to their area.Continue reading
Would you like to receive regular email updates from Premier regarding Love London? Or one of our news e-sends? Simply enter your details below!