- Single parents make up 22 % of Londonís families, the highest in the UK. (ONS, 2007)
- London has the UKís highest proportion of households comprising of unrelated adults.
- In 2006, over 900,000 people in London were affected by a family memberís drug or alcohol abuse. (London Drug & Alcohol Network)
- 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence in their lifetime. (RELATE, 2002)
- Every year 1 in 9 women across the UK are severely beaten by their partners. (RELATE)
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before she calls the police. (RELATE)
- In 90% of domestic violence cases, children are in the same room or in the room next door. (RELATE)
- 30% of domestic violence either begins or intensifies during pregnancy. (Dept of Health, 2004)
- In 1996, the cost of providing services to women and children in London facing domestic violence was £276 million. (RELATE)
- London has more single households than the national average. (ONS, 2007)
Love London Launches Christmas Homeless Campaign Posted on 17/11/10
Throughout December Premier will be inviting churches to help tackle the problem of homelessness in their area. Working with Green Pastures we hope to see many people taken off the streets and provided with long-term accomodation…Continue reading
Leaders from across Camden meet to discuss Love London Posted on 17/11/10
On 11th November 20 leaders from across the Borough of Camden joined to together to discuss bringing Love London to their area.Continue reading
Would you like to receive regular email updates from Premier regarding Love London? Or one of our news e-sends? Simply enter your details below!